Friday, September 28, 2012

The Game

I used to play games
in high school
some in college
But then
I realized
they were a waste of time
I stopped playing games
It didnt get me any further
nor did it set me back
But I leared about myself
who I am, what makes me tick
what I want, and what I would do to get it.
What makes me happy
what brings me joy
what brings me peace.
Then I was told to play the game
encouraged
by many
you must be hard to get
they all say.

Through all the years
I have learned
My expectations are high.
While that indeed is good,
it limits the quality of person you are willing to be with.
While that is also good,
it tends to lend itself to a very lonely life at times
or one filled with let down hopes and expectations
broken promises and broken hearts.

Why do we play this "game"?
What is gained by doing so?
Are we all so afraid of being hurt or let down
that we must play games to feel in control?

When it comes to your feelings for another,
there is no control. they just are what they are.
Do not filter them, do not hide them.
Let them out,
You may find the other person is the same way
but was afraid you would run the other way
if they said even a word.

No comments:

Post a Comment