Monday, March 5, 2012

Beautiful Dream

Everything is being held back
by a paper thin veil.
All of these letters to you
I stuff them in the mail.
Tryin not to drown.
Its the undertow tugging at my heels.
I go through the day
simply going through the motions.
I am sapped of emotion.
I cried for a bit.
It was only for a moment.
Then I buried it down deep
and had to move on with my day.
I sit here in a stupor
numb to all around me.
Missing you weighs heavy on my heart.

In a moment of beautiful clarity
I have a vision of you and me.
In my kitchen, cooking dinner.
You come behind me and wrap
your arms around my waist.
You whisper in my ear
that you love me.
I turn in your arms and kiss you.
Letting my body meld to yours.
Letting my kiss tell you
how much I do love you.
My knees begin to tremble
at the exchange of our souls.
You crush me to your body
telling me your will never let me go.

No comments:

Post a Comment